Saturday, January 13, 2018

Friendship, Happiness, Needs and Wants

Friendship
Sometimes, as you get older, it seems more challenging to maintain friendships. Your family takes priority and your career and daily life get in the way. I was discussing this with two separate friends, David and Don, these last two weeks via messenger, phone and text. What it comes down to is that a real friend is someone you can call after years of not seeing them and pick right up where you just left off.

Case in point, two weeks ago I needed some help and reached out to Don after not seeing him for seven years. I texted him and today, he came to Manhattan via Lake Hopatcong just to help me out. We met in Greenwich Village ate lunch at John's Pizza and caught up. Pretty simple ask a friend for help and there they are. Thanks Don.

Happiness
As Don and I walked down Christopher Street (which I have not done in years), we talked about happiness and quality of life. We agreed that happiness can be illusive and you may have to work a little to achieve it. Or not work, in some cases. It may mean starting your own company or taking a job that you love, even if you make less.

Needs and Wants
As we walked, I realized there was not much I wanted and very few things that I actually needed. I did not even need to take a selfie with Don for Facebook. After all I have the memory. Funny, how spending time with a friend can bring clarity. We parted at the Christopher Street Path station after a few hugs. I hope to see him soon.

If the above is trite, I apologize, but there has been so much hate in the media lately, I felt it necessary to post something positive.

Sarah Silverman
I have such respect for Sarah Silverman. A troll on twitter was harassing her, so she contacted him in an attempt to see if something was wrong. Imagine if we all did this when someone was mean to us? If we simply said something like, "I am sorry if I did or said anything to offend you, but are you OK? Is something wrong? In the end, it seems he had severe back pain, needed surgery and had no medical coverage. What did Sarah do? She paid for the medical procedure! Why isn't this getting more media attention? Remarkable!

Parkinson's Disease
This is a blog about Parkinson's right? Tomorrow will be my third Stop-PD Boxing class at Gleason's Gym in BrooklynNot much to explain here, other than it is wonderful!

Dedication
Todays' blog entry is dedicated to friends Don, David, Cindy and Sam.

1 comment:

  1. my dad was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech,degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 46 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he was having trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,i recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who also needs help.

    ReplyDelete