Sunday, June 14, 2020

Finding Silver Linings..



A Conversation With Kate...

Wednesday, June 10th, I said to my wife Kate:

"I am not doing any more writing in 2020..."

She just grinned and said:

"It's only June..."

I will get back to this conversation later...

How I’m Finding Silver Linings In the Pandemic: A Patient With Parkinson’s Disease Discovers Unexpected Bonuses Related To COVID-19. 

I recently wrote a short piece for "Brain and Life Magazine". I do not have much to add, so please check it out.

Lancet Neurology

I also added the patient perspective to an article published in Lancet Neurology entitled,
"Integrated and patient-centred management of Parkinson’s disease: a network model for reshaping chronic neurological care. I cannot find a link that will allow you to read the full text without signing up, so if you are interested, email me at jandrejack@gmail.com and I will send you the article as a PDF. In truth, my contribution to the piece was small, but I am honored to be in such
good company.


 Recently Taken At Green Wood Cemetery In Brooklyn


Coming Soon
An article that I co-authored for a journal was just accepted with changes. Changes have been made, article re-submitted and fingers crossed!


Back To My Conversation With Kate

So, on June 10th, I vowed to stop writing until 2021.  On Friday, June 14, I opened an email that I had been avoiding, due to the fact that it contained forms that needed to be filled out.  At the end of the email, there was an invitation of sorts, to contribute to another article.

I agreed...


Just a minor edit to thank Jori Fleisher for introducing me to many people in the PD community. For example, Jori was the person who recommended me to Brain and Life magazine and to many other opportunities over the last 5 years.


Thanks You For Reading...

7 comments:

  1. John, if you are willing to participate in market research on PD, please reach out to me at abast@greaterthanone.com We work in the health and wellness category and I'd like to ask your POV on the life experiences by patients with Parkinson, unmet needs, healthcare professional interactions, etc. Thanks,
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. John - I sent a long message that I think went into the entry on a supposed Parkinsons cure. I graduated from QC in 1971 and have PD. Please respond via email at gmcaulif@odu.edu or text or call at 757-777-7263. I’d love to connect. Garrett McAuliffe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, I have sent a few messages to the Comments sections of various posts but I’m not sure if those were the right places to send them. So I’ll summarize quickly. I read about your article in QView today. I am graduate of Queens College (‘71). I was diagnosed with PD in 2010. I’d like to connect. Please contact me at gmcaulif@odu.edu or 757-777-7263. Garrett McAuliffe

    ReplyDelete

  4. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 67.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me,I too was diagnosed of COPD but now we both finally free from those diseases with the help of total cure ultimatehealthhome,he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com, they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this ultimatehealthhome to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to always take mutum (pills) so I did not pee on my pants because I got so weak in my hands and legs as a result of the symptoms of this ALS disease. I depended on Walker to move a step after minutes of struggles with every step and moves. I also couldn't pick up a glass of water or anything that has weight because my hands were also weakened and twitching. I always felt sad and depressed with this disease because the doctor told us there is no cure and despite all efforts we made to help me improve I never got any better, I took riluzole to help me slow deterioration,he had to recommend a depression pill for me to always take when I'm sad. I never imagined in my life that I could get any better and have this disease totally reversed with natural herbs. We got introduced to Doctor Okolo which has helped so many other people with this disease too but it got me skeptical at a point but still ordered his medicine. I was given instructions to use the medicine and within a few weeks on this medicine I could already feel back strength in my muscles, all twitching and vibrations in my body stopped completely and after a time I could walk without a Walker, all the symptoms completely started reversing gradually. I am completely strong now and I've only been on this herb for three weeks. I will recommend this herbal solution to you if you have or know anyone who struggles with this disease because it's very very effective. Contact DR Okolo on drokolosolutioncenter@gmail.com  HIV/AIDS HERPES CANCER DIABETES Alzheimer NPH MND ETC

    ReplyDelete

  6. my dad was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech,degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 46 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he was having trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,i recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who also needs help.

    ReplyDelete