Monday, October 5, 2015

Random Thoughts....



Today is the 62nd day of taking a full dose of Azilect and the 21st day on a full dose of Pramipexole.

Today's post will be a small collection of random thoughts.

Something My Father Once Said
I have a vivid memory of driving in the car with my father when he told me something that had happened to him.  For the life of me, I cannot remember what it was, but I do remember it being something that would have greatly upset me. 

I asked him, "What did you do?"

He looked at me like I was crazy and responded something like, "What do you mean what did I do? I had a wife and children to provide for. I woke up the next day and I went to work. That is what I did." 

I now see the logic behind what my father said. He had a wife and at the time, three children (some years later my younger brother Paul would join our clan) to provide for, he did not have any time to sit around and feel sorry for himself.

I thought a lot about that day in the car immediately after I was diagnosed. The doctor gave me the news on a Friday and my wife and son were already gone away for the weekend. I did a lot of walking that weekend, saw a bad movie and tried to form a plan on how to handle the situation. Then, early on Sunday morning, I had a flashback of  that day in the car with my father and I realized that I had a family to take care of, a career that I loved and a life that would keep going on. I immediately decided to get up on Monday morning and go into the office. That was my plan.

Cause Time
Warning, Politically Incorrect Rant
Well, it is that time of year again.  It is time for Breast Cancer and Domestic Violence Awareness  Day, Week or Month. Raising money to help victims and to fund research projects is extremely important. I wonder, however, what "awareness" campaigns actually do. On college campuses we have a bunch of students standing around with faculty and staff making it clear that they are " Against Domestic Violence" or "Against Breast Cancer."
What does this actually accomplish? I am aware that I am being more than just a little bit snarky here, but this is a legitimate question. Why do we do this? Is there a place somewhere on the planet in which people gather together and support domestic violence or breast cancer? Should I feel compelled to gather up a few thousand of my closest friends, block off a street somewhere and hold up signs that read "Down with Parkinson's Disease!"?

Rant Over

2 comments:

  1. i was diagnosed of parkinson disease 5 years ago,i started azilect,then mirapex as the disease progressed in february last year,and i started on parkinson disease Herbal medicine from ultimate herbal home,few months into the treatment i made a significant recovery,almost all my symptoms are gone,great improvement with my movement and balance,it been a year and life has been so good for me,contact them at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dad was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech,degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 46 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he was having trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,i recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who also needs help.

    ReplyDelete