Tuesday, July 28, 2015


Day five (since diagnosis)

Yesterday, I sent an email to certain friends and family members letting them know about my condition.  While I generally prefer telephone or face-to-face conversation, this time I opted for the control that email allows. When I say/write control, I am referring to the ability to get the entire story out prior to receiving any verbal or nonverbal reaction.  I have decided not to burden my parents with this information because I will be symptom-free for the next 30 or 40 years.

This was day four for medication and I cannot wait for the week to go by so that I can start taking full tablets. Yesterday, I also I also signed up for a program with a company called Opus that will reimburse me for much of my deductible for Azilect. With this program, my deductible will go from $107. to $15.00 (every three months). It is "drug company" money, but I will take it.

 I remain hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment