Monday, August 3, 2015

Day 11

Today is the third day on my full dose of the medication.

Since this is a "journal" style blog, it really only makes sense if you start reading from the very first post.  I have kept the posts short, so starting from the beginning should not be that challenging. I will be the first to admit that I hate blogs and only read one or two authored by friends. So if you just want to skim this and not join please do not sweat it. While it would be nice if a few people joined and made comments, I will continue to write for my own therapeutic reasons regardless of the number of followers and comments posted.

Tomorrow is my first physical therapy appointment. I have had physical therapy before for frozen shoulder (which I now know was probably caused by Parkinson's disease), but I do not know what to expect this time. I am thinking that I will stop at the New York Stem Cell Foundation and allow them to do a skin biopsy, which will be used for Parkinson's studies. Other than taking my medication, going to physical therapy and staying active, there is not a whole lot that I can do. I am hoping that giving a skin biopsy and taking part in the research study at NYU will help others and be somewhat  empowering.

No comments:

Post a Comment