Saturday, August 15, 2015

Day 22

Today is the 15th day of taking a full dose of my medication.


The good news about yesterday was that while the folks from safelite replaced my windshield I had lunch with a colleague.  The bad news is that the installer ripped out the microphone for my stereo, so now my blue tooth will not work with my phone! In a few weeks, when things settle down, I will go to the car stereo place that safelite found for me and have it fixed on them.  No cost, just another in a line of many inconveniences.

My colleague, Leslie, has had her own neurological challenges, so it was good to chat with her about my diagnosis.  We compared neurological tests and traided MRI stories. Leslie and I were in with a group of lucky individuals who were selected to represent the college on a trip to China a few years back.  Now we have lunch monthly, trade campus rumors and catch up.

On Saturdays, my son and I walk through the Green Wood Cemetery and go to soccer class.  He likes looking at the crosses, particularly the Celtic ones.  He is obsessed with soccer and he is really good for a four-year-old.  Today, one of the moms asked about my frozen shoulder and I told her about the diagnosis. She told me about her uncle and how long he lived with the disease and what a wonderful life he had. Apparently, he had the same doctor as Michael J. Fox. We also talked about all of the advances that medicine has made since her uncle passed. Unfortunately, we ended the conversation with a story about how he was on a liquid diet toward the end of his life because he could not swallow. It is really odd what people say, but she meant well.  In any case, that is not in the prognosis for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment