Friday, September 4, 2015

Day 42

Today is the 35th day of taking a full dose of my medication.

I went to both OT and PT today at NYU. I cannot say that I am enjoying the experience, but I think it will help and I like both therapists. In OT, I did some excercises to work against the Bradykinesia. I also received  a weighted pen, knife, fork and spoon. In PT, I worked on balance and getting my arms to swing more naturally when I walk. The physical therapist also thinks that trapeze will be helpful with balance and slowing the progression of the disease!

Another update on the Pramipexole, they shipped the drugs without my authorization and therefore, they waived the copay!  If the drug works as well as my doctor thinks it will, the next order will be placed at an online Canadian pharmacy. I cannot believe that the retail price of the drug in Canada is cheaper than my co-pay! We really need to fix the America health care system/industry.

1 comment:

  1. my dad was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech,degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 46 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he was having trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,i recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who also needs help.

    ReplyDelete