Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Yellow Jersey!

Day 41

It is the 34th day of taking a full dose of my medication. 
Today, I taught my last two spinning classes at Credit Suisse for 9 months while they remodel the gym.  It was a happy occasion with prizes and confetti. I played the songs that were "the greatest hits" from the last 15 years of teaching and Rob, one of the great people who has been there from the beginning, awarded me with the yellow jersey.

Rob, while I know it's only temporary, I greatly appreciate it.

Parkinson's disease can go to hell!  I will never willingly give up my classes!

Yesterday an old friend Don, from USC, contacted me with some words of encouragement. If you are reading this Don, thank you! I miss my friends from the South and I must make a trip to Colombia SC as soon as possible, but as  Stevie Ray Vaughn sings,  "Money's tight, nothing free
won't somebody come and rescue me..."



On the subject of money, I may look to the Great White North to fill one of my prescriptions. With a little luck, paying retail online from a Canadian pharmacy may be even cheaper than my copay! I will post information as soon as I pick a pharmacy.

While the optimist in me is counting on the Fox foundation, I have very little faith that they will ever find a cure for Parkinson's disease. Why? There is no money in a cure, the money is in the medication.

 Here is Chris Rock on AIDS and medication:











1 comment:

  1. my dad was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech,degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 46 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he was having trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,i recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who also needs help.

    ReplyDelete