Wednesday, September 2, 2015

That Hurt My Feelings

Day 40

Today is the 33th day of taking a full dose of my medication.


Please excuse the following non-Parkinson's disease related post.

When trying to get my 4 year-old son to take a bath, eat, go to bed or get dressed, a debate often ensues. Often times, during the course of one of these debates, he will simply say, "you just hurt my feelings…" I was thinking about what a wonderful way this is to end an argument. I encourage you to try this with friends, family and colleagues.

One time, at my last job, a colleague was playing the blame game and I was on the receiving end. She began the email argument by copying everyone and their brother and blaming me for something that I can no longer recall. These email communications went back and forth and the number of people copied just kept increasing. At one point, I responded to her alone, "what you just wrote has nothing to do with the topic at hand, it was simply a personal attack and it hurt my feelings…" The next thing I know there was a knock on my door, my colleague stepped in and apologized. By the end of that business day, an email went out from her apologizing to me and explaining that she had had a bad day. In addition, she copied all of the people on the original email. So try it, because it works!



1 comment:

  1. my dad was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech,degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 46 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he was having trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,i recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who also needs help.

    ReplyDelete